The Trilogy is set! Pound for Pound King Manny Pacquiao will face old rival and reigning Lightweight Champion Juan Manuel Marquez on November 12, 2011 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas... Please Bookmark this page for the latest PACQUIAO vs MARQUEZ 3 NEWS and UPDATES... Thanks!

Manny Pacquiao hints at retirement; reacts on 'lousy singer' jab

MANILA, Philippines – It seems like Manny Pacquiao’s days in boxing are numbered, with the champ already dropping hints that he’s retiring soon.

“By 2013 I’m running for governor and it’s gonna be hard for me to continue my boxing career,” Pacquiao said on “TV Patrol,” Sept. 7, during his press conference in New York for the promotion of his fight against Mexican pugilist Juan Manuel Marquez on Nov. 12 at MGM Arena in the US.

 In the round table interview, Pacquiao stressed his intention to quit boxing.

 “Like what I said, I wanna be (an) executive on 2013,” he said on “24 Oras” the same evening.

With this declaration, the boxing champ was asked if his much-awaited fight with Floyd Mayweather will no longer be possible.

 “On Mayweather,  I don’t really need that fight. If that fight happens, well it’s good because that’s [what] the fans want. If that fight does not happen, I’m happy… I’m also happy because I’m already satisfied with what I’ve done in boxing.”

 Before the start of the presscon, Pacquiao did a duet with Dan Hill in “Sometimes When We Touch.”

In his speech, Marquez said he’s aiming for a knockout in his third encounter with the pound for pound boxing champ.

“A lot of people like us to fight. I’m looking for a knockout. We’re more focused on intelligence.”

Pacquiao shared that he will improve on something in this fight.

“I’m pretty sure there’s a lot of boxing in the ring because I want to show that something is wrong and something is right,” he said without mentioning what he intends to correct.

He stressed in his “TV Patrol” interview that “I’m not saying that it’s gonna be an easier fight. I need to bring it hard.”

During the huddle, a reporter surprised everyone when he seemingly took a swipe at Pacquiao’s penchant for singing.

 “Anybody told you that you’re a lousy singer?” the reporter asked.

 To which the cool Pacquiao replied, “I’m not a good singer but I can sing. I love to hear a song.”

You Might Also Like:

LIVE STREAM CHAT